Job Description Capstone Concepts • Franchisee of First Watch
We offer extremely competitive benefit packages; $70k plus included in total compensation.
First Watch is the fastest growing Breakfast, Brunch, and Lunch concept in the country with over 400 units. Capstone Concepts has 8 franchised locations in Tennessee and one under construction in Asheville, North Carolina. The Asheville location will be opening in the fall of 2021 at the Biltmore Village. We are looking for team members!
Knoxville / Johnson City, TN = 5
Chattanooga, TN = 3
Asheville, NC / Biltmore Village = 1 (opening Fall of 2021)
Knoxville / Johnson City, TN = 3 more
Chattanooga, TN = 2 more
Asheville, NC = 2 more
The General Manager's primary purpose is to develop restaurant management and hourly staff to build and increase sales over the previous year and improve profitability, while ensuring employee and guest satisfaction, without compromising the integrity or culture of the concept. The General Manager is responsible for the success of the operation within their control.
Culture and Management:
1. Develop and maintain a culture of accountability, integrity, service and trust where team members understand their roles and customers are priority.
2. Develop a management team for future growth. Always be conscious and aware of talent and opportunities to "grow your employees."
3. Set standards so all units achieve a 95% or better health and Steritech inspection.
4. Ensure all policies and procedures, whether HR, Safety, Financial or Operational in nature are being upheld in the unit daily.
5. Provide hands on leadership when working in units. Work positions and provide feedback.
6. Check weekly schedules to ensure they are written correctly and posted on time.
7. Perform period Unit Evaluations. Post on One Drive.
8. All equipment working all the time. Send approval email to get all equipment fixed.
9. Insure we are growing the Email club sign up.
10. Handle all complaints in a manner that aligns with our culture of service.
11. Work with marketing on initiative rollouts and event preparation.
12. Coach team members on negative SMG, and social media feedback.
13. Participate in bi•weekly First Watch calls.
14. All produce and food orders completed on time. No more than 7 days on•hand food in the unit.
15. Bi•weekly food inventory completed. If Gap is greater than .7%, weekly food inventories completed.
16. Create ways to increase No•Wait and Sunny Club sign ups.
17. Be ready for white glove inspections.
18. Be accessible even on your off days. During vacation have a plan in place so you are not interrupted.
19. Write and execute a TTD list. The 12•24•36 hour rule.
20. Communicate effectively, keeping the COO informed.
21. Ensure units are staffed with qualified team members at all levels.
22. Ensure hiring policies and practices are followed.
23. Perform second interview on all cooks and servers. Make recommendations for new hires.
24. Check People Matter daily for new hourly Employees.
Training, Development, and Retention:
25. Develop Black Hats and Black Apron team members.
26. Develop a management team for future growth.
27. Hold bi•weekly manager meeting to set and enforce standards.
28. Hold training classes at units.
29. Hold LTO product training classes at the units before the product live date.
30. Participate in unit staff meetings.
31. Oversee team member certifications.
32. All staff or server meetings held monthly•10 c's 5 s's.
33. Ensure all team members follow Capstone Concepts' uniform standard.
34. Check termination paperwork. Make sure all reporting protocols were met. If a key holder leaves make sure door locks and safe codes were changed.
35. Follow up and verify all cash deposits are made daily. Verify safe balances every quarter.
36. Sign off on all invoices submitted to the office for payment.
37. Check weekly paperwork to ensure accuracy of, invoices, Safe Sign off, Tip out report, DSR, labor reports and anything else required by the office before it is turned in.
38. Ensure all team members are executing LSM and capturing any offerings or coupons properly.
39. Participate in writing yearly budgets with COO, Controller and management team.
40. Follow up on food cost issues and implement plans to be under gap by .6%.
41. Spot check period food inventories.
42. Audit re•fire report and daily checks to ensure no theft is happening.
43. Review P&Ls with team each period.