JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards. Duty assignments vary and include, but are not limited to front office and back office functions.
1. Meets and greets patients;
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history;
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR);
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar non-complex office procedures;
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations;
6. Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas;
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One year of experience in a medical office setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: None
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ACLS through the American Heart Association: required as needed by the practice.
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
Certification: Candidate must possess a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or a similarly recognized certifying organization
Posting ID: 555228777Posted: 2020-05-26