What You Will Do:
Provides, coordinates and directs the provision of home health nursing services and case management processes according to the assigned patient's individualized plan of care based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent application of nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care center for the provision of patient care.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments and collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW, and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to develop/modify and implement an individualized patient plan of care as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Implements appropriate nursing clinical programs and initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides clinical episode management according to Amedisys' processes including oversight of patient's individualized plan of care and care plan changes as deemed necessary by patient's status or physician's ordered care.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to deliver high quality care and achieve excellent patient specific outcomes.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient's identified needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Promotes and maintains patient health and independence through teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures, assisting patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques. Advocates and ensures patient participation in care planning and goals of care.
- Supervises caseload including LPN's and Home Health Aides. Facilitates care coordination with PRN staff when care is provided for caseload.
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines, including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications, ABNs, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination etc.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work for the company.
- a. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names, password concepts, internet, email, navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Posting ID: 555229223Posted: 2020-05-26