Posted: Apr 2, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you are in search for a multifaceted and meaningful position to help make creative products for a company in the top tier edge of creativity, this is the right position for you. You will be a part of the maps data collection team and will help in building prototypes, PCB assembly, troubleshooting, rework, and testing. You will also be responsible for maintaining the electronic lab with required equipment and supplies. We are looking for an experienced EE Technician with good prototyping and rework skills for this position.
- 5+ years of related experience in small engineering labs
- Passion, diligence, integrity, and extraordinary aptitude
- Basic understanding of analog/digital circuits, schematics, and PCB layout & Assembly
- Comfortable working with test equipment including: oscilloscopes, power supplies, and function generators
- Comfortable using PCs (including OSX-based Apple computers) for test
- Automation and data acquisition
- Excellent soldering/rework skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
In this role, you will: Support the development of prototype electronics for real-world data collection hardware. Develop manual test setups using commonly available lab equipment; use LabView or similar tools to automate testing when required. Operate test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, temperature sensors, and power supplies. Build/ modify cables for prototype and test hardware. Familiarity with simple communication protocols (RS-232, I2C, JTAG) for board-level interfacing. Perform solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework to get ICs / PCBs / products operational for test /characterization / DOE purposes. Plan and maintain lab facilities for optimal efficiency. Champion safety, security, and quality and create new processes when necessary. Organize and maintain stock of critical components and test equipment for rapid prototyping/testing. Assist engineers in board- and system-level troubleshooting, failure to root cause. Analyze test data and present in clear manner.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or relevant experience in lieu of. IPC-7711/7721 or equivalent certification for rework of electronic boards and assemblies.
- -Ability to complete task in time -Ability to work independently with minimum supervision -Good written and verbal skills -Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit -Manage multiple demanding deadlines -Be able to work across multiple teams to get things done
Posting ID: 555229531Posted: 2020-05-26