Posted: Mar 30, 2020
Are you passionate about building large-scale distributed services? Do you want to work with technologies that impact hundreds of millions of users around the globe? Are you interested in solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? If that resonates with you, come join the group of software engineers behind the backend services that support multiple Apple Cloud Products. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products and provide great customer experiences very quickly. Our cloud services are used by several millions of customers daily, and the team is continuously growing to support the future of Apple web services, products and features.
- - Experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services
- - Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- - Multithreaded or event-driven programming
- - Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- - Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- - Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- - Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- - Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation
- - Be a leader who possesses both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused attitude
- - Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- - Experience with data pipelines and processing large data sets
- BONUS QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Experience with Apache Cassandra
- - Knowledge of unix based file systems
- - Prior working experience with document-based cloud storage and synchronization
- - Experience with collaborative editing applications and services involving Operational Transformations and/or CRDT.
We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in designing, implementing and supporting large scale web services. This is a highly visible position with significant ownership of projects. The position requires collaboration with multiple multi-functional engineering teams to define, implement and maintain some of the core backend web services that will support the next generation of Apple services and Cloud Products. The focus of our organization is on application backend, where we have ownership of web services behind some of Apple's largest ecosystems: - iCloud Drive, providing document-based APIs and services to keep customer documents in sync across their devices - Apple News, a platform that delivers content around the globe for Apple News, News+ and Stocks - Productivity apps for collaboration, such as Apple Notes and the suite of iWork apps. The work is complex, challenging, high-impact and highly visible. It involves designing data models, picking the appropriate data store, determining data flows between client and data store, APIs that support multiple features, as well as developing and deploying web services used by several millions of Apple devices. Our team has the ownership of the entire lifecycle of application data, from the critical portions of what enables apps to work well at Apple scale to the work that happens behind the scenes, including asynchronous jobs and data processing. Our team is looking for hardworking and passionate engineers who want to make a difference in the products they develop. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS or MS or Phd in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Posting ID: 555229686Posted: 2020-05-26