The Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi's risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team.
The overall objective is to recruit, develop, and manage an effective Internal Audit team, that ensures the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders and the develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans.
This Audit Manager will primarily support the audit coverage of this business unit. This role may also support other audit activities related to U.S. Retail Banking and Mortgage.
The Global Consumer Banking - U.S. Retail Banking and Mortgage Audit Team covers all aspects of the retail banking, mortgage, and wealth management product lifecycle including product development and implementation, branches, originations, asset management, servicing, compliance, and risk management.The team consists of approximately 20 professionals located in Florida, New York, and Texas.
Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) offers Investment products and services to clients that have the option to self-manage their investments or receive customized advising through a Financial Advisor. Financial portfolio products include mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), fixed-income investments, equities, options, individual retirement accounts (IRAs), 529 plans, annuities, and select investment advisory products. This Audit Manager will primarily support the audit coverage of this business unit. This role may also support other audit activities related to U.S. Retail Banking and Mortgage. Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute audit plans
- Manage a small to medium sized audits and the assigned team of Internal Audit professionals to delivers audit reports, in accordance with Internal audit and regulatory standards
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget
- Manage audit activities for a component of US Consumer businesses. This Audit Manager will primarily support the audit coverage of simple and complex Investment and Insurance products.
- Review and approves the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach
- Advise and assists the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated and automated continuous auditing concepts and technology adoption
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies and technology to a specific product or function
- Use communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including product, function, or regional executive management partners
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant internal audit experience. Audit coverage experience of simple and complex Investment and Insurance products.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Knowledge and experience covering FINRA, SEC requirements
- Experience developing and implementing analytic testing solutions is a plus
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills. Must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment and take feedback from peers and seniors to be leveraged in future assignments.
- Must be able to independently research assignments, apply learnings, and provide peers and seniors with relevant assessments and conclusions or opinions.
- Should consistently demonstrate ability to take initiative, be eager to learn, demonstrate increased understanding of competencies, and anticipate progressive increases in responsibilities.
- Ability to travel for related audit activity 25 - 30%.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.