We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Bell V-280 Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) Future Vertical Lift (FVL) Program has opportunities available for a Flight Control Systems & Software leadership role within the FLRAA Flight Control System Team.
- Manage and coach FCS system and software engineers to ensure an engaged and skilled team responsible for system and software design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, systems architecture, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, and actuator design and integration
- Technical evaluation of and managing subcontracts including SOW, Specifications, ICDs, RFPs, and schedules
- Coordinate IPT activity with interfacing IPTs and functional leads
- Manage and provide status updates on IPT Schedule, Cost Estimates, Risks, and staffing requirements
- Manage IPT performance to allocated requirements and schedule
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Major in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred. Related degrees with relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in aerospace industry is required
- Previous leadership experience is preferred (including formal or informal, technical or non-technical).
- Experience with supplier management is preferred.
- Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and PC skills.
Familiarity with the following is preferred:
- RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems, and multiple data protocols
- Experience with Enovia, DOORS, and Serena Dimensions
- Development of system architectures and schematics.
- Generation of System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and Certification and Test plans.
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink with Stateflow and Embedded Coder
- C/C++ code
- C# test scripts
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Serena Dimensions / PVCS
Posting ID: 555229960Posted: 2020-05-26