Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in either Textron System's Applied Technologies & Advanced Programs division
or Unmanned Systems
division. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do - in a Systems Engineering role, you will be responsible for:
Qualifications :Education & Experience
- Supporting full-life cycle engineering design and development activities on unmanned products.
- Executing systems engineering tasks - including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, systems modeling (SYSML), trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis.
- Preparing and presenting systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews.
- Generating statements of work and monitoring outside contractor performance.
- Serving as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization.
- Interacting daily with program managers, planners, and technicians.
- Driving tasks to completion independently.
- May apply Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) to both new and existing products.
- Leads must review and approve the systems engineering work products of junior staff. Must mentor others within the work group, department, and the organization
Multiple Systems Engineering positions are open within Textron SystemsFor Level 2
For Lead Systems Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (software, electrical, mechanical, systems, or computer engineering) or physical sciences with 2 or more years related experience OR
- Master's Degree in engineering, physical sciences or related field with 1-2+ years of related experience
All Systems positions require:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (software, electrical, mechanical, systems, or computer engineering) or physical sciences and a minimum 5 years of experience in a systems engineering or design engineering role required OR
- Master's Degree in engineering or physical sciences with 3 or more years related experience.
- 2 years demonstrated project leadership experience preferred
How We Care
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Experience with DOORS, JIRA, and MagicDraw (or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a DoD environment and model based systems engineering are preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance preferred; Secret eligibility required
- Some openings prefer Naval system design experience according to military standards
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental LeaveAre you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company