Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life.
Follow your aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities, competitive salaries, great benefits, a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with a generous company match, and Cash profit sharing, all with a company providing the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Engineering management of plant capital projects and cost improvement efforts within manufacturing including project scope development, implementation schedules, budgets, contract management, execution of work and validation.
- Engineering support of automated manufacturing equipment in the production area. Ensures that all equipment and installations comply with applicable GMP, regulatory, safety and environment requirements.
- Manages all aspects of the project development process for long range business improvements to the production equipment and processes, including cost estimating and project scheduling.
- Engineering interface with Division Engineering in the support of major divisional project initiatives affecting the plant.
- Project Engineering - Manage all aspects of the capital planning process for assigned areas including development and management of cost improvement initiatives, equipment upgrades, request for capital expenditures, management of the Capital Project LRP for a defined area and project financial projections.
- Communications - Provide timely, effective communication with plant management, department members, peers, and personnel in the production areas. Ability to work in a changing environment that requires teamwork and collaboration.
- Environmental, Heath, & Safety - Be involved in and accountable for EH&S performance and compliance. Assure all projects meet current EHS requirements.
- Cost Reduction / Productivity Improvements - Utilize cost improvement and BEx tools to evaluate manufacturing equipment and make on-going improvements in the production areas through the capital planning process.
- Manufacturing Operations - Specify, purchase, install, and improve automated process manufacturing equipment and systems. Key focus areas include facility, filling, sterilization, and packaging equipment
Bachelor in Technical Degree (Engineering/Engineering Technology)
Industrial manufacturing capital project management experience (3 years preferred)
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus but not preferredDesired:
Experience running process control system projects from start to finish
Manufacturing engineering support role experience
Experience running projects exceeding $500,000JOB FAMILY:
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain LOCATION:
United States > Columbus : Columbus Plant ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:
United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 5 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf