Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Manager, Healthcare Education position serves as one the members of the Abbott Nutrition Health Institute (ANHI) team. The key role this position plays on the team is to be responsible for the creation and implementation of the ANHI strategic plan for education of HCPs. This role will also serve as the subject matter expert on trends in the nursing field and on nutrition education and resources needs relative to the nursing profession. This position collaborates with other members of the Abbott Nutrition brand teams and with other members of the ANHI team to fulfill their role within the team. The Healthcare Education Manager is responsible to:
Core Responsibilities: The Healthcare Education Manager will:
- Work with all brand teams to determine key business objectives to be supported by ANHI scientific education programs.
- The manager is responsible to design, create, and implement education initiatives that drive business strategy of ANPD.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on nutrition education and resource trends, gaps and opportunities relative to the nursing profession and to communicate them to the brand teams relative to business strategies.
- Cultivate partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of nutrition and health and partner with them to create scientifically superior education resources.
- Lead communication with health care professionals and serve as the communication liaison with the KOLs and the other members of the Abbott team.
- Recommend, identify, pilot and implement innovative education approaches that meet business needs.
- Provide oversight to professional service agreements within scope of their responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities and implement approaches to health education that expand the ANHI healthcare professional reach.
- Build and grow the potential talent pool of health care professionals (physicians, nurses and dietitians) in academia, institutions, and professional organizations/societies to expand the potential for creation of superior education.
- Oversee health care professional speaker bureaus, advisory panels and support of R&D Scientific Conferences both domestically and internationally (a component of the Abbott Nutrition Health Institute).
- Manage and provide direction to the CE program vendors including:
- Contract management in coordination with Abbott Procurement
- Weekly communication and coordination of CE program execution
- Execution of KOL contracts and payments
- Budgetary overview
- Lead the development of professional services' agreements that detail the deliverables to the organization including clinical consultation and recommendations grounded in scientific inquiry and evidence- based practice.
- Coordinate all education offerings and opportunities with the Office of Ethics and Compliance for program awareness and approval.
- Develop systems, integration and reports of Abbott Nutrition Speakers Programs with ANPD business leaders and manages our needs with a logistics vendor that supports all aspects of ANPD speaker programs.
- Manage education expenses to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Serve as the primary contact point for FSF integration of key initiatives involving KOL's and integration of field sales force needs with logistics vendor.
- Display excellent customer service orientation.
- Report to the Director of Health Policy, Education & Alliances.
- Be empowered to work in a manner that integrates the needs of the business and integrate the execution within the regulatory compliance and tracking functions that must be developed.
- Maintain expertise in industry standards for education programs and an understanding of the OPPF for international healthcare professionals is an essential component of the position.
- Possess a strong professional presence and clinical expertise to interact with Professional Associations, Healthcare Systems and Organizations, and KOLs.
- Attend major conferences in CE and CME and be able to implement the learning into practices and behaviors at ANPD for successful programs.
- Document the activities of our speakers managed through the logistics company and verify the use of speakers relative to Professional Services Agreements.
- Effectively communicate with marketing, the field sales force and upper management.
- Maintain awareness of federal regulations regarding commercial involvement in medical education for physicians and guidelines for nurses, pharmacists and dietitians.
- Work independently and identify new opportunities for program development and acquisition of KOLs as faculty.
- Exhibit strong internal and external engagement capacity .
- Apply new learning to our operating procedures and develop new approaches to a dynamic medical education arena is a necessary strength of the manager.
- Display flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities during the course of business.
- Serve as a mentor/coach with high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrate initiative and bring challenging projects to completion in a pleasant and cooperative manner is a requirement.
- College Degree, with Graduate Nursing Education (i.e., MSN, APN, DNP)
- Current RN licensure
- Minimum of three years pediatric clinical nursing experience-one year of NICU experience preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of medical education guidelines, Office of Inspector General, revised PharmaCode, ACCME and Nursing/Dietitian
- Must be fluent in current industry practices as it relates to the revised Pharma Code 2009, Office of Inspector General, American Medical Association CME, Nursing and Dietitian credentialing of programs.
- Strong ability and capacity to keep up with evolving health care and nutrition regulations and legislation that may have impact on the business.
- Public speaking and teaching experience preferred
- Individual must have effective communication skills.
- Manager must have the ability to present on nutrition topics and relevant professional/clinical topics in public forums
Sales Support & Administration DIVISION:
ANPD Nutrition Products LOCATION:
United States > Columbus : RP02 Floor-2 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 20 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Posting ID: 555230059Posted: 2020-05-26