The Infrastructure Construction Coordinator Intern will assist the full time team members in day to day maintenance, system design, planning, and execution of various Infrastructure activities needed to support new growth for Menard, Inc. This position assists in planning and scheduling for the construction of the entire environment needed to support Infrastructure Networks and Systems.
The schedule for this position is very flexible; we can work with your school schedule! The position requires 15-20 hours per week between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the day to day maintenance of Menard's physical infrastructure
- Provide technical support to Menard's corporate staff
- Identify, resolve and document problems
- Process remodel and new construction requests.
- Prepare system specifications and drawings.
- Create and maintain construction drawings both planned and as built.
- Create and maintain construction schedules.
- Work with other planning departments to assure adequate data infrastructure for new and existing sites.
- Assist with onsite inspections and construction punch lists.
- Keep team lead and manager informed on the status of all assigned projects.
Project Standards and Procedures:
- Suggest process improvements and refine documentation.
- Follow all Corporate Standards and IS Systems Standards to develop and support projects.
- Provide input to IS Standards if existing standards require modifications or changes.
- Constantly monitor work to ensure the highest level of quality.
Skills & Requirements
- Actively in school for Bachelor / Associate degree in Project Management, Construction, or MIS related field
- Excellent design and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills for problem determination and resolution
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations
- Ability to successfully negotiate with vendors to provide service to the corporation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Some proficiency in:
- Computer hardware support
- Physical plant cabling standards
- Past experience or currently enrolled in school for one or more of the following:
- Project management
- Computer Hardware Support
- Must work within designated normal office hours assigned or required by work.
- May be required to travel to construction sites to supervise construction.
- Required to work in the Menard Office located in Eau Claire, WI
Visit us at www.menards.com/careers to explore all Career Opportunities.
Posting ID: 555230085Posted: 2020-07-14