GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
In addition to performing any or all of the tasks performed by the Environmental Services Aide I, this position performs project work not normally a part of the daily cleaning routine. This position also performs specialized cleaning procedures for critical care areas such as operating rooms, dialysis, emergency services and ICU's.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes work in assigned areas by cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing environmental surfaces according to departmental and hospital policies & procedures
• Cleans (on a daily & routine basis) horizontal & vertical surfaces including (but not limited to) patient rooms, lavatories, offices, corridors, stairwells, elevators, treatment rooms, special care areas, conference rooms, locker rooms, lounges, and public areas
• Uses a variety of chemicals and equipment including (but not limited to) germicidal detergent, bleach, window cleaner, all purpose cleaner, stripper, floor finish, bucket/wringer, floor machine, vacuum cleaner, carpet extractor, and a variety of hand tools
• Empties/relines soiled laundry, waste & RMW containers according to department procedures. Contains & transports soiled laundry, waste & RMW to disposal site.
• Cleans & prepares post-discharge patient rooms according to department procedures
• Periodically removes & re-hangs window curtains & cubicle curtains
• Uses mechanical equipment & specialized processes to clean, strip, refinish & burnish hard-surface flooring. Shampoos & extracts carpeting
• Performs specialized cleaning in critical areas requiring aseptic technique and complex processes
• Routinely moves furniture/equipment utilizing dollies and hand carts
• Secures dysfunctional equipment against unauthorized use. Reports breakdowns to supervisor
• Performs other similar or related duties that may be assigned or as necessary.
• May be present in secure medication storage areas and are allowed incidental access to medications.
HS Diploma or GED preferred.
Basic ability to speak and understand English (oral & written)
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Requires physical ability to bend, stoop, reach & climb ladders. Must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs several times per shift (e.g. waste & soiled laundry handling). Must be able to perform repetitive motions in the process of dry mopping, wet mopping, vacuuming, and hand scrubbing. Must be able to operate & control high-powered equipment.
Requires moderate level of verbal communication skills to interact with patients, visitors & staff, often under stressful situations
Requires technical knowledge of general & specialized cleaning procedures & products
Modern, updated facilities with exposure to blood, vomit, feces, urine, dirt, fumes & odors
• Denotes essential functions
Posting ID: 555230094Posted: 2020-05-26