We are looking for a resourceful and dedicated manager level candidate who can help design, deliver and implement critical elements of the Operations Control Risk agenda across all regions for Morgan Stanley Global Operations. The specific areas of focus for the candidate will be Operational Risk Governance and Supplier Risk Management.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team in Baltimore which is part of Operational Risk and Regulatory Control department and partnering with senior risk managers across Global Operations to design programs which improve the Operations strategic risk framework
o The OSRM team is Operations central third party risk governance group that monitors supplier relationships, oversees governance activities, and provides reporting to identify and track supplier risk across Operations.
- Deliver Americas risk reporting including analysis, trending, exception management and commentary
- Morgan Stanley requires an appropriately designed control framework to govern, control, and analyze risks posed to the Firm by its outsourcing and third party suppliers.
- Ensures Ops Service Owners manage third party suppliers to ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements and guidance, and to take all reasonable measures to protect the Firm, client information and assets in such relationships.
- Recommend new risk indicators, or metrics to highlight and analyze risk
- Liaise with control and due diligence groups, Firmwide Sourcing (FWS), and Legal and Compliance (LCD))
- Develop and provide reporting, develop and manage the TPPM Tool, and identify areas of improvement for the Program.
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services industry, Operations roles and/or business/budget management
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills with ability to tailor message to audience or varying levels
- Proven ability to collaborate across functional areas, developing relationships, setting strategy and driving agendas
- Management experience leading global team/comfortable with matrix based reporting lines
- Good analytical skills, able to extract key information and pre-empt management questions on the data presented
- Ability to analyze data and craft a risk story that will aid in overall risk mitigation for firm operations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and strong organizational ability
- Strong presentation skills and confidence to host meetings
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence others
- Control & risk focused, with experience in operational risk
- Ability to understand issues and move projects forward
Posting ID: 555230270Posted: 2020-07-14