Regional Safety Lead (Supply Chain)Job Description
Domino's Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we're a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability - not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to 'deliver the dream' to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That's just the tip of the iceberg...or as we might say, one "slice" of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you'd like to be a part of, consider joining our team! Req ID
32199BRAdditional Job Details
This position provides regional support to our network of supply chain centers to help Dominos reach our goal of being an injury free workplace. Duties include the development and implementation of health and safety policies, procedures and processes to increase center-level expertise problem solving skills; supporting centers through the incident investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action processes to limit the number of incidents; and serving as a technical resource for health and safety regulations regionally to ensure company compliance. This position also provides oversight of, and technical support/direction for, EHS programs and policies at all facilities within a designated region. Priorities include: Ensuring the implementation of policies; ensuring compliance with EHS codes and regulations; conducting incident investigations and training; and reviewing facility designs to minimize safety issues and meet best practices.Program Compliance
Provide SCC support and guidance
- Lead the standardization and oversight of safety processes, documentation and programs for the SCCs
- Develop and Implement Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate, administer, and maintain existing EHS policies and procedures for assigned sites.
- Continuously improve and expand upon existing programs by soliciting feedback from all stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver safety related reports and presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Develop and present safety related training and educational programs.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve industry specific safety programs.
- Provide leadership and direction in proactive safety related activities.
- Work with site leadership and safety coordinators to ensure compliance with regulations and consistency with company expectations.
- Support center leadership for all safety related needs.
- Mentor the site safety coordinators and center personnel.
- Ensure consistency with company policy and expectations across the region of responsibility.
- Conduct, monitor and follow up on site EHS audits.
- Provide relevant regional data and attend weekly regional Safety calls.
- Work with state/federal OSHA to resolve Health and Safety related issues.
- Participate in detailed incident investigation, root cause analysis and identification of corrective actions.
- Perform analysis on customer groups to identify safety needs and provide safety services
- Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in federal, state and local health & safety regulations.
- 7+ years of experience in Health and Safety including managing OSHA issues preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience in incident reduction through education, guidance and influence with key stakeholders.
- Experience with leading and supporting organizational culture change.
- Experience with multi-site, multi-state safety responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate within and across departments
- Ability to influence and partner with center leadership.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to travel in the US and Canada on limited basis (30%).
- Ability to work nonstandard hours to support a 24/7 operation.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience using MS Office computer software.
- Experience in compiling, analyzing data & trend analysis.
- CSP CIH OHST or CHMM Certification.
- Experience in a food production / distribution environment
- Master's Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or a related field.
- Experiment managing direct or indirect reports.
- Experience performing Ergonomic Analysis and implementing innovative solutions.
- Experience in environmental compliance.
- Waste management experience.
- Public speaking experience.
- Familiarity with Canadian federal provincial and territorial workplace health & safety requirements.
- Experience with DOT Safety.
Posting ID: 555230282Posted: 2020-06-02