For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page. Job Type:
Regular Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Quality Assurance Technician I supports the organization's commitment to food safety and quality by monitoring and verifying production parameters in accordance with Quality programs. The Quality Assurance Technician I is responsible for ensuring organization standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed to preserve integrity of the products while providing feedback for continuous improvements for the Quality System Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of the plant's quality functions in compliance with plant and corporate level standard operating procedures (SOPs), good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and company safety policies.
- Acquire and maintain all documents necessary for regulatory compliance including HACCP/Food Safety documentation.
- Assist with preparing documents for audits.
- Complete plant inspections and calibrations per SOP frequencies.
- Conduct routine Quality Inspections related to food production and/or ingredients for finished product quality, regulatory compliance, pest control, routine sanitation, employee GMPs, training compliance, foreign material control, and HACCP/Food Safety compliance.
- Provide Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety Training and Quality Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) training to relevant departments.
- Assist in cause and corrective action investigations.
- Ensure required Quality Assurance documentation is accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Review documentation as it relates to food safety requirements and facility policies.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any potential food safety issues to management.
- Anticipate, trouble shoot, and resolve problems with good manufacturing practices and/or sanitation in a timely fashion.
- Participate in required sampling, storage, and documentation of raw materials and finished goods.
- Assist with routine water sampling, equipment sampling, environmental sampling, conduct calibrations, and in-process monitoring as directed.
- Receive incoming ingredients, review all documentation and maintain full traceability documentation.
- Perform Quality Cheese Sampler duties as necessary.
- Performs Critical Control Point functions as determined by the plant HACCP/Food Safety Plans.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.Education Required:
- Contact with Production, Maintenance, and Warehouse employees to obtain and provide information and will occasionally work with Inventory and Production Planning.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Certification/Licensure Required:Skills Required:
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures and sampling requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs and regulatory agencies required.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to apply logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Quality and regulatory decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Basic math plus fractions, decimals and percentages, as well as algebraic calculations.
- Exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, make own appointments, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; read, understand and explain technical data; compose business correspondence and reports, both routine and complex; attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
Posting ID: 555230594Posted: 2020-05-26