Shady Grove Medical Center
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Registered Nurse:
A Level II Nurse (RN II) in the Adventist HealthCare Professional Career Advancement Program reports directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager and is independently responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. The RN II educates patients and family through the continuum of care while also striving to advance their own knowledge and skills through careful consideration of feedback and guidance provided by more senior nurses and the Clinical Nurse Manager. They serve as role models to Level I nurses and use electronic resources to support best practices in patient care. The RN II demonstrates professionalism, adheres to ANA standards of practice, and exemplifies the Adventist HealthCare values as they fulfill our nursing mission and vision. The ability to use equipment and technology correctly, to delegate non-nursing duties appropriately, and to maximize efficiency and effectiveness are key RN II competencies.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred or currently enrolled in Bachelors of Nursing program
• Active Maryland RN license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• One year of current nursing experience within your specialty in a hospital environment
• Cath Lab Experience Preferred
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
***We are offering a sign on bonus****
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 555230714Posted: 2020-07-14