ST. CHARLES MEDICAL GROUPJOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE:
Women's Health Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner/Behavioral Health Consultant (PNP/BHC)REPORTS TO POSITION:
Clinic Manager Integrated Behavioral HealthDEPARTMENT:
St. Charles Center for Women's HealthDATE LAST REVIEWED:
2/14/20 OUR VISION:
Creating America's healthiest community, together OUR MISSION:
In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value OUR VALUES:
Accountability, Caring and Teamwork POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Women's Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Behavioral Health Consultant (PNP/BHC) works alongside the Women's Health Providers, providing behavioral health assessments and brief interventions. The PNP/BHC is an integral member of the team whose role is to help address a broad spectrum of behavioral health needs in the clinic population. The PNP/BHC aids in early identification and provides, brief, solution focused interventions that promote wellness and preventions for as many patients as possible. The PNP/BHC provides same-day consultative services to medical providers and patients for a broad array of behavioral health issues in the form of assessment, brief intervention, medication evaluation/prescribing and triage of psychosocial problems in the clinic patient population.
This position requires advanced skills in conducting brief assessments using a biopsychosocial model and delivering brief, evidence-based interventions to improve overall health and quality of life of patients with a variety of physical, emotional and behavioral needs. Functions as an integrated member of the care team by assisting physicians, certified nurse midwifes, women's health nurse practitioners, psychologist and other medical staff in managing the overall health of their patient populations. A PNP/BNC helps improve recognition, treatment and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and medical conditions in enrolled population. The PNP/BHC provides consultation services to all patients referred by the team.
This position does not directly manage any other caregivers. Work schedule:
will work a minimum of 24 hours per week in the clinic. Call expectation:
There are no call expectations for this position. Work location:
Primary work location will be in Redmond for outpatient services. Participate in the rotation to our outreach locations, currently Prineville, Bend South & Sisters; other locations as developed. CLINIC DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY:
The SCMG Center for Women's Health has a mix of physicians, certified nurse midwives, women's health nurse practitioners and psychologist. The office providers full spectrum women's health services. We are the only OB/GYN practice within SCHS and we provide care to a large central Oregon catchment area.
The Integrated Behavioral Health Department (The Health Integration Project) includes Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and doctoral level psychologist who are integrated into primary care settings as well as some specialty care settings. HOSPITAL DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY:
The St. Charles Health System consists of 4 hospitals located throughout Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: Clinical Service Line Duties:
- Diagnose and treat mental health disorders
- Assess, treat/stabilize, triage consult psychiatric conditions
- Order or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic image to provide information on patient's condition.
- Order, prescribe, and/or recommend drugs and biological or other forms of treatments such as physical therapy, sleep study, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Plans and provides psychological assessment and diagnosis in a primary care setting with brief psychotherapeutic interventions as needed.
- Provides targeted assessment and evaluation, including diagnostic impression and functional status on presenting problem(s).
- Timely and succinct feedback to team regarding consultation findings and recommendations.
- Triaging and referring patients to specialty mental health care when appropriate.
- Formulation of behavioral health interventions appropriate to the women's health setting, and assisting with implementation of provider's treatment plan.
- Providing brief follow-up, including relapse prevention and education.
- Developing, teaching, and providing oversight for classes that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological and physical health.
- Providing ongoing consultation services for a sub-set of patients who require ongoing monitoring and follow up (e.g. continuity consultations).
- Sharing knowledge with other team members and patients both formally (in-services, consult responses) and informally (hallway conversations).
- Working as a women's health care team member to develop specific clinical pathways or best practice programs for targeted patient groups.
- Plans, develops, and implements groups and other services for mental health needs.
- Develops behavioral health programs to meet the needs of the changing organization and changes in health care delivery.
- Active member of the women's health team within the clinic, providing team-based care. Fully integrated perinatal and women's health services.
- Document all patient care in the proper form and in a timely manner in compliance with hospital policies and regulatory agencies.
- Delivers quality patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, and is timely, efficient and accurate, and courteous.
- Participate in case consultation with community partners.
- Provide crisis intervention to patients in immediate crisis including assessment and refferal to SCHS Emergency Department or Mobile Crisis Action Team (MCAT)
- Acts as a leader and supports departmental goals and the vision, mission and values of the St. Charles Health System in all respects.
- Provides customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Creates a healing environment that supports all aspects of care, respects the wholeness of the individual, and demonstrates therapeutic presence through attitudes and behaviors that enhance the safety and care experience for patients, caregivers and guests.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change; Contribute as necessary to assist in policy formation for the organization.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships, and put a high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the care experience.
- Is familiar with the organization structure, communications systems and billing process, completing billing and coding documentation within time assigned.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted to maintain privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increases understanding and collaboration throughout the medical community.
- Maintain compliance of hospital's Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, as required by SCHS Board of Directors.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of an accredited masters degree in providers chosen specialty (ies)
- Successful completion of additional educational programs necessary to enable consultant to acquire and maintain privileges to perform the range of services contemplated. This includes board eligibility and/or certification in the specialty being practiced
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as required.
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory bodies.
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning modules.
- License Psychiatric Mental health Nurse Practitioner.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet SCHS driving requirements.
- Maintain unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Maintain AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification.
- Oregon license as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- Membership with applicable state/national organization
- Experience in hospital and outpatient practice environments providing care in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Records) software.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Two (2) + year's in Obstetrics and Gynecology setting experience.
- Epic EMR software experience.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Obstetric and Gynecologic care services are provided in Redmond at the Center for Women's Health. A 24 hour/7 days per week call rotation will be shared by the Redmond providers, covering Bend OB, Redmond ED patients, surgical and postoperative patients, including, when necessary, appropriate in-house presence and rounding. A 30 minute response time is mandated. Obstetrical privileges will be for SC-Bend. Outreach and community education leadership will be emphasized.
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
CONSULTANT, NURSE PRACTIONER SCMG
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: