Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank. GENERAL FUNCTION:
Leads in the identification and evaluation of compliance risks and the execution of procedures to evaluate the Bancorp's compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards. Responsible for leading Compliance Testing reviews of the Mortgage Line of Business compliance testing program to ensure full compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Provide reporting and actively engage senior LOB leadership to communicate the results of testing and any instances of non-compliance along with guidance toward corrective action of the identified issue root cause. Works mostly self-directed, with minimal supervisory oversight. Also works within department and cross-department teams.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Compliance Director to identify process improvements, policy and procedural enhancements
- Effectively perform the Compliance Testing (CT) team functions ensuring all testing and review activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner (i.e. per schedule), issues are appropriately escalated
- Document testing performed by establishing and maintaining comprehensive work papers that clearly describe the testing methodology and display the testing results. Demonstrates advanced understanding of regulatory knowledge of industry standards, federal, state and local laws and regulations to serve as a go to resource for the team
- Independently perform reviews of various processes, identifying regulatory compliance risk and testing controls to ensure they adequately mitigate the risk. Conduct extensive research to support regulatory findings/control
- Provide coaching to analysts when performing reviews, including assistance with testing, exception determination and addressing any questions from Compliance Officers, Analysts and Specialists on their testing
- Analyze initial testing conclusions from exceptions identified, and coordinate with Director to hold discussions with LOB compliance partners to discuss testing exceptions and associated issues.
- Accurately identify the root cause of violations and process weaknesses; collaborate with Compliance Officer in developing recommendations for corrective action
- Explain and discuss regulatory findings with Compliance partners and LOB personnel. Identify the root cause and help to recommend an appropriate corrective action. Obtain agreement with business partners regarding issue complexity and issue resolution prior to issuing the report.
- Work with the LOB and Compliance Partners to ensure corrective action is completed timely and that the action was effective in remedying the risk to an acceptable level
- Conduct quality control testing of reviews performed by others
- Assist with onboarding and training of new Compliance team members
- Develops and report's findings to Senior Management regarding their supported business lines (Legal, Audit and Senior level Operating Committees).
- Actively evaluate opportunities to enhance testing methodology and results as part of our continuous improvement e.g. collaborate with data analytics to incorporate automation in to testing where applicable
- Be a Leader within the team assisting in planning and developing testing plans based on information gathered during the planning phase of the review.
- Foster an engaging and inclusive work environment. Actively participate in the development and fulfillment of Team Engagement Plans (TEP). Collaborate to ensure action plans are developed to address key areas of focus and document the plan and updates.
- No direct reports. Provide coaching to analysts when leading reviews, including assistance with testing, exception determination and addressing any questions from Compliance Officers, Analysts and Specialists on their testing
Compliance Officer II-Mortgage Compliance Testing
LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 555230800Posted: 2020-05-26