The Financial Reporting Systems (FRS) team at M&T Bank is responsible for providing specialized financial systems support and creating value added solutions, with a team of Functional Administrators and Developers covering a range of applications and business analytic tools. The team uses a myriad of platforms, ranging from mainframes to servers encompassing the GL, AP, Profitability Reporting to the Oracle Hyperion Financial Performance Management suite, as well as solutions developed using SAS, SQL, ASP, and QlikView.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining as well as streamlining ASP.NET based applications and tools in support of the Finance & FP&A department's needs. Furthermore, assuming a leading role in the assessment, planning, coordination, and implementation of defined projects that support service, productivity, and overall process optimization and expedited delivery of reporting and financial results. The incumbent will represent the FRS department in cross-functional, high visibility projects involving internal business partners, both within and outside of Finance, listening and interpreting business/functional requirements and successfully delivering solutions. Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Provide highly specialized support, interactive application development and reporting solutions utilizing the ASP.NET and CSS framework, combined with MS-SQL server database solution on the backend.
- Take a leading role in the potential development of an internal replacement for the current Finance Portal, which is a highly customized SharePoint workflow and document repository using FILE NET and ASP.NET
- Take a leading role in the potential development and rollout of a solution that allows end-users to drill through from Essbase to a SQL database to deliver transactional level details.
- Serve as the primary ASP.NET developer on projects currently in the FRS pipeline, that focuses on workflow and business process optimization.
- Take an active role in cross-training with your FRS counterparts, both from a teaching and learning perspective. This will be done in the spirit of "continuous growth" of the team's base of skills, which means bringing new skills into the team as well as learning existing skills from the current team members.
- Interface and develop a strong rapport and with the end-users that are requesting and consuming the information and data from these applications.
- Support and troubleshoot the systemic, programmatic and end-user related issues that arise from these various applications and reporting modalities and work closely with the end-users and vendors (as needed) to bring the issues to a satisfactory resolution, through collaboration and coordination.
- Identify trends, emerging issues and engage relevant stakeholders to develop project plans, organize virtual and physical events, synthesize multiple points of view and communicate findings utilizing such tools as white papers, reports and other relevant formats.
- Perform complex analysis and judgment-based work over multiple disciplines to support business decisions.
- Lead continuous improvement of existing processes, develop new processes or enhance existing processes where required including maintenance plans, procedural documentation and custom tools for automation. Identify resources that can be utilized to support business operations or improve existing business processes. Present findings and make recommendations to management.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of new projects, programs, and plans to achieve short- and long-term business objectives; coordinate of the design and execution of various projects for the promotion and maintenance of the business.
- Manage the planning, testing, and implementation of new projects, systems, products and regulatory changes impacting the department.
- Follow the standard SDLC / lifecycle management and change management protocols as set forth by M&T Bank's corporate policies.
- Participate in the creation of materials used for training and process documentation.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Combined minimum of 5 years'higher education and/or operational/business analytics experience
- Excellent proficiency with pertinent software packages and languages, such as ASP.NET and CSS.
- Object oriented development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- B.S. Computer Science or other similar degree.
- Familiarity with ASP SQL objects and classes
- Experience with, or at least familiarity with, pertinent software packages such as Tableau, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle DRM, Oracle FDM and QlikView.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature.
- Proven understanding of applications supported with a sound good knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Good understanding of the Bank's application framework.
- Familiarity with application development software and hardware platforms.
- Ability to understand business supported and its' terminology.
- Ability to effectively present to all levels of management
- Ability to multitask for various components of moderately complex to complex projects.
- Ability to coordinate between applications and business units.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to recognize project milestones and delivery dates.
- Ability to recommend and implement solutions.
- Growing understanding of Bank acquisition methodology or relevant conversion experience.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
Posting ID: 555230834Posted: 2020-05-26