Under the direction of a Registered Nurse/and or LPN, assists with patients' activities of daily living and plan of care.
Communicates with and supports healthcare team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
• Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
• Performs technical duties as directed by RN/LPN, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, bladder scanning, foley catheter care specific to population served and documents appropriately.
• Identifies and communicates changes in patient's status to RN/LPN and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
• Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
• Participates in Virtua patient satisfaction initiatives and goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities. Assists in orientation of new hires.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Demonstrates required knowledge of basic patient care skills, procedures and standards.
Must have strong communication skills.
High School Diploma or Grade Equivalent Diploma (GED) required.
Must have successfully completed a PCT course, or a fundamentals nursing course in an RN program, or have worked an equivalent of 2 years of direct patient care.
Phlebotomy training/education is required for the Emergency Department positions.
Enhances skills through ongoing education and training. Maintains regulatory and departmental level competencies.
Posting ID: 555230836Posted: 2020-06-09