We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients' successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth, CloudForte, Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role:
'• Responsible for supporting the functionality and efficiency of one or more operating systems.
• Lead teams in the delivery of second and/or third level remote hardware and software/OS support services to clients to resolve product use and multi-product/platform problems and questions relating to enterprise systems, networks and application software, as well as desktop applications.
• Perform remote installation of applications to users and servers.
• Responsible for user administration, monitoring of servers, and monitoring antivirus updates.
• Perform daily checks on servers, analyze logs.
• Conduct performance tuning of servers.
• Conduct incident investigation. Conduct detailed troubleshooting of incidents and upgradation and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Resolve well defined incidents using documented procedures.
• Review change requests, execute complex changes, and prepare and execute changes per implementation plans.
• Perform root cause analysis for server crashes.
• Recommend corrections in current client environment.
• Coordinate critical customer issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
• Relay alerts and situation status information to both client and Unisys management.
• Provide referrals and/or dispatches to other service providers to ensure that the client's service level and technical requirements are met.
• Prepare, approve, and coordinate the implementation of technical documentation and ensure that technical and customer documentation is current and complete.
• Suggest, develop and conduct user training, technical training and orientation.
• Initiate process improvements for internal and external customers.
• Lead teams on defined projects.
• Identify and perform a variety of independent analysis and problem resolution assignments.
• Define approaches and provide extensive business and/or technical expertise to attain objectives.
• Interact with clients in person or telephone.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
'• University degree or equivalent education and experience
• Minimum of 8 years domain experience
• Expertise in a large server environment (Unix, Linux)
• Experience with High Performance Compute (HPC) Systems
AIX Certified Professional
Red Hat Certified Engineer
AWS Cloud Practitioner Associate
Posting ID: 555230957Posted: 2020-05-26