Description PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To ensure all incoming receipts, outgoing shipments, stock locations and quantities are accurate.MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Inspects all assigned warehouse locations in alignment with established quality standards.
- Provides answers to management questions concerning quality and quantity of incoming and outgoing product.
- Performs daily stock checks of questionable product.
- Documents all errors found during any research pertaining to the inbound and/or outbound process.
- Inspects the quality of all shipping materials and supplies.
- Checks to ensure all required flyers, catalogs, promotional materials and Free Store Deliveries (FSDs) are packed in outgoing shipments.
- Identifies quality problems and notifies appropriate management personnel for resolution.
- Ensures strict compliance to established quality policies and procedures.
- Communicates quality standards and assists warehouse Supervisor in complying with established operating practices and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of related experience in a distribution center environment.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
- PC experience including knowledge of the AS400 and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work at heights up to 32 feet.
- Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
Posting ID: 555231116Posted: 2020-07-14