Based in Orlando, Florida, Massey Services is the nation's fifth largest pest prevention company and the largest privately held family-owned company in the industry. Celebrating 33 consecutive years of profitable growth, Massey Services and its subsidiary organizations employ over 2,000 team members and operate approximately 1,800 vehicles that provide residential and commercial pest prevention, termite protection, landscape and irrigation services to over 550,000 customers from 143 Service Centers throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina and Oklahoma.
Massey Services will be the leader in providing an environmentally responsible and superior service. Our Company will grow by adhering to the highest standards of performance and professionalism.
Massey offers a competitive compensation plan along with an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401(K) Retirement Plan with company matching
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
Massey Services, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
PROJECT A QUALITY IMAGE
Look and act professional at all times. This includes, personal grooming.
Deliver Superior Customer Service
Always be cheerful, courteous and follow through. Use every Customer interaction as an opportunity to build relationships.
Produce Accurate, Timely Records
Produce quality work within deadlines.
Meet or Exceed Company Collection Standards
Diligently follow Company credit and collection policies and procedures
NEVER STOP LEARNING
Take advantage of all opportunities to increase your technical and professional education with regard to your position, your industry and your personal self-development.
ESTABLISH TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS
Always say and do what's right. Remember, at all times, YOU are the Company!
Maintain ongoing communication with customers.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
I. DELIVER SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
A. Train and supervise the Customer Service Specialist in Company Policies and Procedures for handling customer concerns, leads, cancellations and scheduling reinspections and WDO's.
B. Act as backup to the Customer Service Specialist, answering customer calls by the second ring, and with a smile in your voice.
Note: All calls for extra service (complaint calls) must be responded to the same day received and resolved within 48 hours or at the convenience of the customer.
II. PRODUCE ACCURATE & TIMELY RECORDS
A. Prepare the Daily Operating Report (DOR) by 10:00am
• Balance the previous days Cash Report and Transaction Analysis.
• Insure the previous day's production and sales have been processed and summarized (There may be unposted production, due to technician not turning in service invoices daily remember to add those totals to production posted in order to balance).
• Adjust backlog for activity
B. Make the bank deposit by 2:00pm
• Pick up the mail from the P.O. Box each morning, open and sort.
• Make check copies, prepare the deposit and update the deposit log.
• E-mail the deposit amount including credit cards to Corporate by 12:00pm
C. Process Accounts Payable Vouchers daily and forward to the Corporate Office within 72 hours of receipt.
• Reconcile Petty Cash and submit A/P voucher for reimbursement weekly.
• Review invoices for accuracy and compare to purchase order, receiving documents and CER(s) if applicable.
• Complete the A/P voucher and determine the proper account coding in accordance with Policy and Procedure #406, Accounts Payable - Processing Invoices.
• Complete the voucher register and forward a copy to the Accounts Payable Specialist every Friday.
• Obtain General Manager's approval on all A/P vouchers.
• Copy Accounts Payable Vouchers and invoices for service center files.
• Forward original Accounts Payable Vouchers, invoice, packing list and purchase order (CER if applicable) to Corporate Accounts Payable Department.
• Complete Summary of Purchases form for all M&S purchases.
D. Prepare all personnel forms and paperwork on all new hires, changes of status and terminations in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
• Assist in interviewing, testing and reference checking on applicants as necessary.
• Insure pre-employment packages are complete prior to submitting to the Corporate Office.
• Process new hire packages and forward to the Corporate Office within 24 hours of hire.
• Process termination paperwork and forward to the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
• Maintain Employee Attendance Calendars.
E. Prepare and Post Allowances, Refunds and Adjustments,
• Prepare payment corrections, PIA discounts, bad debts, allowances and miscellaneous adjustments per end of the month closing instructions in accordance with Policy and Procedure #701, Pest Prevention Collection & #901, Lawn Collection and forward to proper authority for approvals.
• Prepare the adjustment summary and balance to the transaction analysis.
• Post customer refunds and NSF's when received from the Corporate Office.
• Post allowances and miscellaneous adjustments after all approvals have been received.
F. Prepare Journal Vouchers, insuring proper account coding and authorization. Forward all Journal Vouchers to the Corporate Office with the closing package.
G. Process Payroll according to Policy and Procedures #404A, Production Commission Report - Residential & Commercial # 404B, Production Commission Report - Lawn Tree & Shrub Care.
• Generate payroll reports
• Gather all time sheets and review for accuracy
• Prepare the commission reports and payroll recap summary double checking for accuracy
• Obtain General Managers signature on the payroll recap, time sheets and commission reports
• Forward the signed payroll recap, time sheets and commission reports to the Payroll Administrator by the 2nd business day of the following month.
H. Monthend Processing
• Insure all production, sales and cash receipts are posted and balanced prior to closing
• Update the Service Center Sales Recap by the end of the 1st business day of the following month.
• Complete the Monthend Reconciliation and Route Performance reports and forward both to Corporate by the 3rd business day of the new month.
• Complete the closing package check list and forward all items to corporate by the 2nd business day of the following month.
III. MEET OR EXCEED COMPANY COLLECTION STANDARDS
A. Monitor and collect customer account balances according to Policy and Procedures #701, Pest Prevention Collection; #802, Termite Collection; #806, Annual Renewal Collection and #901, Lawn Collection.
• At the beginning of each month, run the 60 - 90 day report and review for accounts requiring follow-up.
• In accordance with Company Policies and Procedures spend at least one hour each day on collection efforts to include phone calls and letters.
IV. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Train, supervise and mentor the Customer Service Specialist(s).
B. Insure all damage claims are processed timely and accurately.
• With the General Manager, review all claim information gathered by the Customer Service Specialist to insure completeness and forward to the Risk Manager.
• Act as liaison between the contractor doing the repair work, the customer and Risk Manager.
• Follow up to make certain the contractor is paid and the claim is processed.
C. Insure all workers compensation claims are processed timely and accurately.
• Notify workers compensation carrier, the Benefits Manager, General Manager and Regional Manager within 24 hours of all work related injuries.
• Insure prompt and accurate completion and transmittal of the Notice of Injury form.
• Act as liaison with the Benefits Manager and General Manager communicating patients care and prognosis.
D. Order office supplies and forms as needed.
E. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Education - High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred.
Experience - Must have strong management background with at least 3 years of previous experience in overseeing the administration of a high volume office or business.
Skills - Strong organizational and communication skills required. Knowledge of MS Office software and typing of 45 wpm preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, and stretching. Requires constant ability to move freely about the building.
THIS DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE ALL-INCLUSIVE AND TEAM MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED AND DIRECTED BY MANAGEMENT. JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND DUTIES MAY BE MODIFIED WHENEVER DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY MANAGEMENT.