New Grads are welcome to apply!
Work hours will be days, Monday - Friday, 6:45 am - 4:15 pm, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. This position does have call. When you are on-call, this position does require that you are back on the unit within 30 minutes.
Promotes and restores patients' cardiovascular health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and the multidisciplinary team while providing physical and psychological support in a holistic manner to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses. Performs various roles in the Cardiology Service Line and Catheterization Lab settings safely and sufficiently including but not limited to; Primary Circulating, Secondary Circulating and Monitoring.
Direct Patient Care
• Maintains knowledge of effectively caring for a patient under moderate conscious sedation.
• Possesses/exhibits strong EKG rhythm interpretation skills.
• Provides leadership in emergent situations.
• Establishes a climate of mutual respect and trust with patients and families.
• Maintains an assertive yet supportive manner when functioning with physicians in the procedural setting.
• Follows departmental and hospital infection control policies.
• Documents patient status and care given while the patient is in the Cardiovascular and Radiology Departments.
• Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner.
Patient Education and Support
• Provides pre-, intra- and/or post-procedure education for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
• Instructs patients and/or families regarding examination, procedure, treatment, discharge and outcomes and allows time for questions.
• Utilizes visual/teaching aids as needed.
• Provides teach-back/return demonstrations when appropriate.
• Encourages family participation.
• Verbalizes where to find interpreter services.
Safety and Equipment Knowledge
• Understands and adheres to all safety practices (ALARA) while performing duties to minimize any risk of injury and/or exposure to unnecessary ionizing radiation.
• Maintains knowledge of patient equipment and therapeutic modalities utilized in the Catheterization Lab.
• Conducts and participates in procedural Time Outs and proper patient identification.
• Assesses the need for additional safety measures.
• Performs and provides nursing support in various roles within the Cardiology Service Line to include but not limited to the Cath Lab and Radiology Departments.
• Makes independent decisions based on the knowledge of departmental functions, policies and procedures.
• Promotes the development, preparation, implementation and attainment of departmental goals, policies and projects.
• Communicates with the department supervisors as necessary when problems or unusual circumstances arise and documents as necessary.
• Provides on-call emergency coverage (as defined by departmental policy) for Cardiovascular procedures.
Qualified candidates must have an active Iowa RN license issued by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Must have a BSN or willing to obtain a BSN within 5 years of your hire date at Finley. Preferably, candidates should have at least one year of critical care experience, but not required. We are willing to train a new grad if they are interested in this field.
Posting ID: 555273773Posted: 2020-04-08