We Are Hiring
Ascension - St. Vincent's East is looking for a FTE Adult and Geriatric Psychiatrist to join our elite behavioral health team.St. Vincent's East has an 80-bed psychiatric unit where individuals participate in an active program that may include medication management, therapeutic activities, and individual and family therapies. Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. Vincent's Health System
- Founded in 1898 by the Daughters of Charity, we have the oldest hospital in Birmingham.
- Since then we have grown to include a regional network of healthcare services and facilities which includes five hospitals, a health and wellness facility, outpatient surgery and diagnostic centers, primary care network, home health and hospice, home medical equipment services, behavioral health, wellness services, corporate health services and specialized care.
- The system employs 4,700 associates and has more than 1,100 physicians serving on medical staffs.
- Why Birmingham? Our wonderful climate, tree-blanketed and hilly terrain, and the wonderful hospitality of our people make Birmingham an ideal place to live.
- We have outstanding public and private schools, colleges and universities, including a world class medical research university at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
- Birmingham is home to the Birmingham Civil Rights District National Monument, a progressive business climate that fosters growth, a revitalized downtown where people go to work, live and play, and an unparalleled food and art scene that has grabbed the attention of visitors and publications across the world.
- We have the highest concentration of health care jobs in any of the top 50 MSAs in the country.
- With one of the lowest costs of living of any major metro in the Southeast and more green space per capita than any other city of our size, Birmingham is one of America's best-kept secrets.
About ASCENSION MEDICAL GROUP
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. What You Will DoPosition Highlights:
- Vibrant inpatient unit and outpatient services
- Connected to Grayson & Associates with a great track record in Birmingham since 1985
- Med management and belief in psychotherapy
- Team approach between therapist and physician
- Able to provide all levels of care
- Collegial interdisciplinary practice
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Autonomy in a collegial practice
This is an employed position with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.Responsibilities:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Combination of inpatient and outpatient work
- Outpatient office at Grayson & Associates, largest private mental health practice in Alabama with 102 providers, and second office at our Bridge Clinic in the unit.
- Participate in Tele-Psychiatry supported across Ascension ministries by Ironbow
- Required Credential(s):
- LicensedGraduateDoctoralPhysician MD/DOcredentialed from theAlabama Board of Medical Examinersobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Supportcredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)