We Are Hiring
Ascension Seton - Dell Children's Medical Center is looking for a PRN Pediatric Acture CareAPRN or PA to join thePediatricGeneral Surgery/Trauma team.Why Join Ascension?About Ascension Seton
- As a member of Ascension Seton, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- We share best practices and knowledge across our smart network as a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country.
- Ascension Seton includes more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
- Dell Children's, part of Ascension Seton in Austin, TX is a world-class pediatric center with its own Level I trauma center and only Level IV NICU in Texas.
About Ascension Medical Group
- It is the state capital and home to a major university as well as an influential center for politics, technology, music, film and food scene.
- Austin is known as the Live Music Capital World because on any given night, one can find over one hundred venues showcasing a wide variety of live music performances.
- Also known as one of the healthiest/ physically fit cities in America, you will see joggers, cyclists, and walkers committed to cardiovascular health on a daily basis.
- The many parks and lakes offer a multitude of outdoor activities, including swimming, hiking, paddle boarding and fishing.
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. What You Will Do
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner PRN with Rx Direct Pt Care in collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions. The APRN will work with Dell Children's Medical Center assisting the Pediatric Surgery and Trauma team. We need someone who can help with coverage and be flexible to assist the team as needed on a 12 hour basis with no set schedule. We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years' experience with Pediatric Surgery and Trauma experience. This is a great team, and opportunity to pick up extra work or for someone wanting the extra time with a great team making a profound difference.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
***APRNs MUST ALREADY HAVE OBTAINED THE ACUTE CARE CERTIFICATION UPON SUBMITTING APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION*** Physician AssistantRequired Credential(s):
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Texas Medical Board.
• Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Preferred Credential(s):
• Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
• Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program
• Master's degree preferred Nurse Practitioner
***APRNs MUST ALREADY HAVE OBTAINED THE ACUTE CARE CERTIFICATION UPON SUBMITTING APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION Required Credential(s):
• Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing. Preferred Credential(s):
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration. Education:
• Master's degree of Nursing required Work Experience:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1 - 2 plus years of Pediatric acute care experience strongly preferred
- 1 - 2 plus years of inpatient Surgery and/or Trauma experience preferred
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.