Job DescriptionJob Title:
Systems Engineer - IntermediateJob ID:
Corporate Information ServicesDepartment:
339 Sixth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222 DescriptionPurpose:
UPMC Health Plan Data Services is seeking a Systems Engineer Intermediate to assist with the rebuilding of the Insurance Data Warehouse. This resource will be responsible for collaborating with the Scrum Masters team and configuring the data analytics platform to NoSQL and constructing it into the new cloud data warehouse.
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Systems Engineer ? Intermediate maintains systems, participate in projects, provides end user support, contributes to team documentation, and seeks out process improvement. Responsible for participating in testing proofs of concept or evaluating new technologies.
Lastly, this Systems Engineer must have strong knowledge within Azure Cloud technologies. If you are interested in a career with the quickly growing Data Services Group, we invite you to apply today!Responsibilities:
- Project Management - Complete assigned project-related tasks with limited guidance. Responsible for time tracking and updating documentation.
- Troubleshooting/Critical Thinking - Independently resolve basic issues. Shows the ability to offer input on issue resolution
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Core Technology Concepts - Responsible for understanding of moderately complex technologies and their use. Demonstrates initiative to learn and expand upon knowledge.
- Maintenance/Upgrades - Follow documented procedures for maintenance and upgrades. Assist senior team members with upgrade and maintenance plans. Responsible for assisting with Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors
- End user support - Resolve moderately complex end-user support issues with the assistance of more senior level team members.
- Typically has 2+ years' experience with complex systems environments through education or practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform standard IT procedures and protocols.
- This position may be required to maintain a 24/7 off hours support as part of a rotation within the team.
- The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
- Azure Cloud knowledge
- Linux knowledge
- Azure DevOps Source Control (skill set)
$36.86 to $56.18 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555274394Posted: 2020-05-13