Job DescriptionJob Title:
Staff RN (3p-11p) Med/Surg 4Job ID:
Med Surg 4Location:
1001 E. Second Street, Coudersport PA 16915 Description
UPMC Cole is hiring a Full Time Staff Nurse to support our 4th Floor Medical/Surgery Unit.
This position will work night shift 2:45 pm - 11:15 pm, 40 hours/week. This position will be required to work every other weekend and off shift coverage as needed. .
The Staff Nurse Coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the Hospital and Nursing Department, including its philosophy, mission and values.
- Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, determines outcomes and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those outcomes and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient including discharge planning. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to meet the outcome needs of the individual patient.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient to the appropriate person (i.e., physicians, director, nurse manager, charge nurse and/or nursing supervisor) and records those observations accurately and concisely.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with patient needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications and assigns other duties as needed.
- Administers medications to and performs treatments on assigned patients.
- Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures, such as thoracentesis, lumbar tap, etc.
- Participates in the economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Participates in the orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of the nursing staff.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgement are needed.
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients, such as cardiac arrest.
- Participates actively in committees for the improvement of nursing care.
- Possesses skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Involved in surveillance and ensuring the patient safety culture at Charles Cole Memorial Hospital. Reports patient safety concerns and events.
- Exhibits accountability and contributes to patient safety.
- Assesses and monitors patient's level and response to pain.
- Educates patients in pain management and its impact on patient outcome.
- A Registered Nurse who has taken a basic arrhythmia class and completed the competency will be expected to do telemetry monitoring in the ICU, if floated there.
- Performs telemetry monitoring, as required.
- Hourly rounding on patients assigned.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A current PA RN nursing license required.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Registered Nurse (RN)Act 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555274568Posted: 2020-06-10