Job DescriptionJob Title:
Business Analyst II, Health Plan / Center for High-Value Health CareJob ID:
UPMC Health PlanDepartment:
600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219 Description
UPMC Health Plan is hiring a full-time Business Analyst to support the Center for High-Value Health Care. This will be a Monday through Friday daylight role (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. / 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). This position will be based out of downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
The Business Analyst II will provide support to various Center functions, including efforts to address social determinants of health. The Analyst will perform summary and predictive analytics, develop processes to combine multiple data sources, and assist with process and outcome reporting for Center initiatives including internal innovation support and externally funded grants.
The Business Analyst will take a leadership role in the enhancement, development, documentation, and communication of data. Data summarization and/or data visualization experience is helpful. Experience with SAS, SQL, Excel or Power BI is also helpful.Responsibilities:
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Identify trends in expenses, utilization, medical quality, and other areas.
- Investigate variances and derive solutions to cost increases and quality issues.
- Perform statistical analyses, and then explain this analysis to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and, at times, senior management.
- Manage special projects.
- Monitor business unit operating performance against regional, national and international benchmarks.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, health care, management, or related business field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive related experience will be considered.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in financial and/or medical analysis required.
- Experience in health care insurance or health care industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills, with expert knowledge in Access, Excel, Crystal Reports, Cognos Reports, and other financial & statistical software packages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively approach problem solving.
- Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze financial & clinical results and to comprehend forecasting models.
- Knowledge and good understanding of all products and benefit designs of UPMC Health.
$23.75 to $41.09 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555274675Posted: 2020-06-10