Job DescriptionJob Title:
Registered Nurse (Part-Time)- Asbury HeightsJob ID:
UPMC Asbury HeightsDepartment:
700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh PA 15243 DescriptionAsbury Heights is hiring a Registered Nurse to work part time with occasional weekends with our independent living residents! Apply today to learn more about this role. Responsibilities:
- Explain physician's orders to residents to make sure they clearly understand instructions.
- Provide adequate communication through regular scheduled meetings with the Director of Community Nursing and Health Center Staff to ensure continuity of care and program goals.
- Supervise professional and non-professional staff in all aspects of the community nursing program.
- Work a regular schedule and remain available for emergency calls.
- Exhibit leadership, cooperation and team spirit and act as a role model.
- Work closely in cooperation with the Medical Office Manager.
- Check vital signs, change dressings and complete laboratory work for residents as needed.
- Maintain current CPR/AED certification.
- Assess residents continually for changes in level of care; initiate Functional Assessment Process when indicated.
- Initiate interactions with families and other disciplines to keep them informed of status if condition changes. Help resolve family conflict or concerns referring them to appropriate supportive departments.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and confidentiality when dealing with situations involving residents and employees.
- Participate in all mandatory in-services and committees as requested; attend seminars/workshops pertinent to responsibilities.
- Arrange for ancillary and support services i.e. physical therapy, Home Health, Hospice, medical transportation, and take-out meals as needed.
- Evaluate all emergencies as they occur. Coordinate all necessary services (consults physician, transports to the hospital emergency room, orders diagnostic tests).
- Display interpersonal skills and good judgment in terms of what and how information is communicated.
- Understand and effectively execute the fire and disaster plan.
- Make daily rounds in the community to check on illnesses, accidents, and post hospitalization status.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate pharmacy needs, calling in prescription refills, and refilling medication boxes on a weekly basis for residents who require assistance.
Minimum 6 months nursing experience required Phlebotomy skills preferred BSN preferredLicensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR OR BLS within 30 days of beginning employmentCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Registered Nurse (RN)UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$24.82 to $35.30 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555274791Posted: 2020-06-17