Job DescriptionJob Title:
Surgical Technologist (Multiple Experience Levels Available)Job ID:
201 State St, Erie PA 16550 Description
UPMC Hamot is hiring regular, full-time Surgical Technologists for the General Surgery Department!
Our Surgical Technologists work a variety of hours that include daylight, evenings and weekends. Night and holiday scheduling are required as needed by the department.
Various experience levels are available that include our entry level, intermediate, and senior level titles. Whether you are an experienced surgical technologist, or someone looking to start your career as a surgical technologist, we'd love to talk to you!
We are currently offeringSIGN-ON BONUSES
for all full-time Surgical Technologist positions! The amount of the sign-on bonus is dependent upon your years of Surgical Technology experience. Each bonus listed below requires a 2 year employment commitment. Current UPMC employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus program. Don't miss out - apply today!
- Inexperienced Surgical Technologist - $5,000
- 1 year experience as Surgical Technologist - $7,000
- 2+ years experience as Surgical Technologist - $10,000
Surgical Technologists perform a variety of tasks in an operating room that assist the surgical team. These tasks include preparing sterile supplies, arranging sterile setup for surgical procedures, passing instruments, sponges and sutures to surgeons and surgical assistants, checking placement and operation of equipment, and checking and restocking the operating room. During surgical procedures, the Surgical Technologist may be responsible for special trays, graft materials, and record patient data.
If this sounds like a fit for you, apply online today!Responsibilities:
- Ensure all medications are labeled and handed to surgeon according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safety and explosive hazards and aseptic technique.
- Before an operation, help to prepare the operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment, sterile drapes, and sterile solutions. Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment. Adjust and check equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- During surgery, efficiently pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and surgeon assistants. Hold retractors or instruments, cut sutures, sponge or suction the operative site under the supervision of the surgeon and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Assist in the preparation, care for, and disposal of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Assist the surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- After surgery, may help transfer patients to the recovery room. Clean and restock the operating room.
- Prepare patients for surgery by wash, shave, and ensure aseptic incision sites. May transport patients to the operating room, help position them on the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical drapes.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Completion of a formal surgical technician program offered by a community or junior college, vocational school, university, hospital or the military is required.
- Entry level job requires 0-2 years surgical technology experience.
- Intermediate level job requires 2 years surgical technology experience.
- Senior level job requires 3 years of operating room experience.
- Surgical specialties include but are not limited to: general, orthopedic, vascular, plastic and reconstructive, obstetrics and gynecology, thoracic, ophthalmic, neurosurgery, organ procurement and endoscopic surgical settings.
- Access to medications is limited to the distribution of the medication to the nurse.
Act 31 within 90 days of hire or transferAct 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewalAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$14.99 to $22.98 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.