Job DescriptionJob Title:
EMT - "As Needed" Casual - Harrisburg, PAJob ID:
Community Life Team Inc.Department:
Community Life TeamLocation:
1000 Paxton Street, Harrisburg PA 17104 Description
Are you looking for an exciting career in Emergency Management Systems? We are currently hiring for Casual-"As Needed" EMT's at our Community LifeTeam location in Harrisburg, PA and our team is growing! This is a flexible position and requires varied or rotating shifts including weekends and holidays. If you are passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great growth opportunities, please apply today!Responsibilities:
- Maintains first aid rooms in efficient operating condition
- Assist in moving patients.
- Identifies assessment findings, which may require communications with medical direction for advice and for notification that special professional services and assistance be immediately available upon arrival at the medical facility.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of patient care, incident reports and other necessary reports.
- Reports verbally and in writing their observation and emergency medical care of the patient at the emergency scene for purposes of records and diagnostics. Upon request, provides assistance to the transporting ambulance.
- Encourages a safe, pleasant work environment for Team Members.
- Responds to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured (within PA-DOH scope of practice and PA DOH protocols).
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals utilizing customer service skills.
- Ensures that the first aid room and equipment is clean and washed and kept in a neat orderly condition.
- Attends continuing education and refresher training programs as required by employers, medical direction, licensing or certifying agencies.
- Ensures quality health and medical care for guests and employees at assigned locations.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Previous ambulance and/or hospital experience preferred
EMT certificationCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireEMSVO preferredBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Driver's LicenseEmergency Medical Technician (EMT) OR Emergency Medical Technician - ParamedicAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$13.57 to $21.39 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555275204Posted: 2020-06-10