ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Senior Field Engineer (NETA IV or equivalent NICET Cert required)
Job Type/ FLSA Status
20 - 30%
Senior Field Engineer (NETA IV) POSITION SUMMARY
ABM Industries is seeking a Senior Field Engineer (NETA IV)
to join our team in Ontario, CA. The Level IV NETA Certified Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient installation and testing of electrical power distribution equipment for customers in the assigned territory. In this role you will travel approximately 20% of the time, working both independently and with a crew, and be responsible for the performance and management of routine, moderately complex, and complex tasks and projects, record keeping, evaluation of test data, and preparation of field service reports. Additionally, you will be responsible to coach, mentor, train, develop, and supervise Level I, II, & III NETA certified Trainees, Assistants, and Technicians.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to customer sites to inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data on electrical systems.
- Supervise Trainees, Assistants, and Technicians in completion of electrical testing duties.
- Test and commission protection and control systems on high voltage substations.
- Maintain, test, repair, rebuild, and replace low, medium, and high-voltage switchgear and circuit breakers.
- Troubleshoot automatic transfer switches.
- Test and inspect low, medium, and high-voltage cable installations.
- Maintain, test, and repair transformers and related equipment.
- Test and calibrate solid-state and electro-mechanical relays.
- Perform relay calibration and power metering.
- Conduct low and medium-voltage motor control center and contractor testing.
- Start-up, troubleshoot, and repair generator controls and transfer schemes.
- Sample and analyze insulated fluids.
- Guide, mentor, train, and supervise Level I and II certified NETA Trainees and Assistant Technicians.
- Complete Job Hazard Analyses including but not limited to arc-flash and shock analyses
- Review and submit time cards, expense, and project reports.
- Document test results and complete field reports.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty.
- Maintain strict compliance to regulatory laws
Minimum Requirements EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in electrical testing.
- Must hold a current NETA Level IV, or NICET equivalent, certification.
- Candidate should have experience working in and leading a small team
- Experience in or capable of managing medium to large-sized (multi-week) project
- Familiar with NETA Acceptance and Maintenance Testing Standards
- Familiar with NFPA70E Electrical Safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical performance deficiencies (e.g. ground fault)
- Ability to travel 20%
- Skilled in testing digital relays (SEL 700G or comparable)
- Skilled in using Enoserv RTS
- Must be knowledgeable lockout/tagout and hazardous energy control procedures.
- Clean Driving Record
- Familiarization with Megger and Omnicron test equipment is a plus
This position will be working primarily outdoors in varying weather conditions. This position will be working around electricity and other potential hazards. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required. Much of our equipment is heavy, so the ability to lift at least 75 pounds is needed.
City Of Industry, CA 91716 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy