Perdue Named "America's Best-in State Employers 2019"
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Summary
This position oversees the production lines or areas processing poultry products. Requires working with raw and/or cooked premium protein products. Typical assignments may include line lead for marination, breading, palletizing, packing and/or sanitation. Usually works five to six days a week ; overtime may be required based on production needs.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees work at various stations along the production lines processing poultry food products.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout-Tagout procedures, and Process Safety Management related matters.
- Make necessary checks on production to maintain production goals.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Assist in carrying out 100% documented job rotation and ergonomic exercises at startup and after breaks.
- Ensure production and quality goals are meet.
- Hold the ability to physically perform and be familiar with each position within the department.
- If any issues arise with production equipment or associates failing to perform specified job duties, immediate notification to management is required so that issue may be resolved in a timely manner.
- Use computer systems to effectively communicate with all members of management and between shifts through e-mails and other electronic tools
- Effectively navigate and comprehend inventory systems to insure production schedules are met.
- Make adjustments to the process as needed to insure production schedules are met and production goals are achieved.
- Will need to read, comprehend reports, and use this information to manage the process in a proactive manner.
- Ensures that the qualities of the products are being met according to the product specification of QA and USDA.
- Ensures that all equipment throughout the departments are running smoothly.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- High School or equivalent not required but beneficial.
- Worked a minimum of 6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the past 3 years.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Must have lead or supervisory experience in production environment preferred.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
- Able to stand for several hours.
- Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Posting ID: 555275380Posted: 2020-06-10