Provides project management analysis, recommendations and decision support for a broad array of complex clinical nursing and patient care issues. Provides subject matter expertise to teams chartered to address and develop recommendations for current/future operations and clinical processes/services. Promotes internal and external communications. Manages the project team, timelines and budget.
- Provides leadership in redesign projects related to the coordination, design/redesign, delivery and management of nursing and patient care services.
- Identifies methods and approaches to reduce cost structures and maintain high quality of patient care.
- Provides expertise on subject matter addressed by project team.
- Works with leadership and staff to implement programs.
- Recommends project strategy, identifies best methods and processes, develops project planning, group process facilitation, training, and appropriate application of information technology.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and sponsors to define project charter, framework, vision, and deliverables.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of research.
- Monitors and maintains timelines and budget.
- Contracts with and manages work of internal/external consultants.
- Coordinates all internal and external communication, represents the project to internal and external group.
- Ensures the development of an effective implementation plan and facilitates the execution of this plan.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in management and/or project management/operational planning.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in related field (such as management, organization development, health services administration) required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Specific subject matter expertise in health care operations, care delivery and clinical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and manage team-based projects.
- Knowledge of health care industry strategic business issues, with an understanding of KP, it's operations, social and legal environment.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with Kaiser Permanente preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- ACLS/PAL/BLS needed.
- Certification in one Peri-Op specialty preferred.
- Blended role for newly opened 6 OR suite Ambulatory Surgery Unit including heavy component of departmental education and project management for OR, Pre-Op, PACU, SPD.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory requirements & organizational, departmental & discipline-specific needs. Monitors for compliance.
- Designs, develops, coordinates and evaluates activities for continuing professional education for staff.
- Develops implements, monitors, and evaluates/improves orientation, competencies, systems for staff.
- Remains up to date with current recommendations & industry changes and provides necessary training.
- Evaluates performance issues & develops strategies for remediation.
- Serves as an expert resource.
- Supports all areas in meeting performance, cost & quality metrics
- Hours are flexible to address operational needs of department.
Primary Location: California,Irwindale,Irwindale Medical Offices 12761 Schabarum Ave. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 7:00 AM Working Hours End: 3:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Nursing Licensed Department: Irwindale Ambulatory Surgery Unit Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.