Under direct supervision, acts as member of cardiac team; completes all necessary arrangements before surgery; removes instruments, equipment and supplies after surgery; maintains equipment according to established procedures; assists with orienting and training new employees and or students; assists with emergency calls and coordinating transfer to operating rooms.
- Patient Procedures and Activities: Assist physician during minor surgical procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Assist physician in developing new techniques and procedures.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Lift patients.
- Prepare and position patients for diagnostic test and medical procedures.
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue) and stat request.
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas.
- Assist in cardiovascular procedures.
- Assist physician with inpatient pacemaker procedures.
- Act as member of cardiac surgery team and other surgery team (for example, pass instruments, cut sutures and hold retractors).
- Assist in insertion/removal of intra-aortic balloon in cardiac surgery.
- Equipment and Instruments: Operate autoclave, drying oven or dishwasher.
- Assemble/disassemble equipment and instruments.
- Ensure equipment is available for procedures and examinations.
- Check emergency equipment.
- Prepare and process packs, supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Prepare procedure and exam rooms.
- Restock operating, procedure, cast and examination rooms.
- Select and set out appropriate tubing and sterile supplies.
- Set up instruments and surgical trays.
- Dismantle and clean operating room equipment.
- Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Remove and inventory equipment and supplies after surgical procedures.
- Clean and sterilize instrument, supplies and equipment.
- Inspect equipment and instruments for damage.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Perform minor adjustments and or repairs on equipment.
- Dispose of used syringes and contaminated materials.
- Replenish supplies and equipment.
- Administrative and Other: Orient and train new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Pay Grade: 25
- One (1) year of operating room experience scrubbing within the last two (2) years required.
- Certification as a Surgical Technician is required but will accept an individual who is scheduled to take the certification exam (one opportunity given).
- CPR required.
- Competency scrubbing for all types of surgical procedures.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years consecutive cardiac scrub experience covering all cardiovascular procedures excluding pediatrics and transplant procedures in the last 3 years.
- Call coverage required within the department.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,Los Angeles Medical Center 4867 W. Sunset Blvd. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 12:30 PM Working Hours End: 9:00 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: United Healthcare Workers - West Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department: Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Posting ID: 555275567Posted: 2020-06-03