The Manager, Product Marketing is responsible for the strategic planning, development, implementation, communication, and analyses of marketing programs that support the annual goals and long-term strategies of the Xcenda business unit. This includes aligning those marketing programs that are budgeted at a business unit level to the areas of growth, and the areas of focus, that are indicated in the business unit's strategy. The Manager, Product Marketing is responsible for a diverse marketing mix, including go-to-market planning and alignment with new and existing services/products that drive the growth of the business.
As a member of the Enterprise Marketing Team, the business unit Manager, Product Marketing operates in a highly collaborative environment, representing the Xcenda business unit and serving as an expert related to marketing AmerisourceBergen's capabilities in market access consulting. The Manager, Product Marketing ensures that all business unit marketing programs align with AmerisourceBergen's enterprise-wide annual goals and long-term strategies and is responsible for implementing changes, strategies, and/or programs that are developed by the Enterprise Marketing Team and cascaded to the business units. The Manager, Product Marketing ensures that all marketing programs and related internal/external communications are strategically aligned to support the positioning, messaging, and brand identity of both the business unit and AmerisourceBergen.
The Manager, Product Marketing works under the broad direction of the AmerisourceBergen Enterprise Marketing team, through the direct supervision of the Senior Director, Marketing Strategy for Xcenda, and in collaboration with the business' senior management team. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and develop the marketing plan for the portfolio of services, including value proposition, positioning, needs-based segmentation, sales enablement assets (e.g. case studies) and marketing mix
- Align key stakeholders around the marketing objectives and plan, and lead execution of the plan
- Build go-to-market and plans and execution of new products and services
- Responsible for the design and implementation of marketing projects to drive revenue and profit growth
- Partner closely with Product and Client Strategy teams to ensure marketing programs' alignment to pipeline objectives and build awareness campaigns to support adequate pipeline coverage
- Collaborates with internal business and marketing leadership to identify strategic opportunities that help improve the company's market position
- Manages and monitors budget associated with marketing programs effectively
- Regularly measures and draws insights from programs and tactics; producing standard reports which track progress toward goals and updating strategic plans based on the outcomes
- Prepare and deliver value proposition training and marketing presentations that support capabilities deck development
- Assist in the development and execution of specific projects and tactical plans to support pricing and product positioning strategies to optimize revenue, market share and profitability
- Develops strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and supports internal communication and training initiatives designed to raise awareness for marketing activities and the utilization of sales support assets in order to facilitate new business development
- Presents to internal stakeholders on marketing initiatives - both internal and external and attends industry specific conferences as needed to inform and support marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations related to key initiatives for internal and external business meetings and conferences
- Performs related duties as assigned
- 10-15% travel
Candidates must have experience in product or service marketing-developing value proposition and product positioning, developing strategic and executing tactical plans, launching new products and services within a competitive market and creating case study and other content and assets which demonstrate the differentiated value that the product or services provides. The position requires broad training in fields such as marketing, communications, product management, business development, account management, project management, business management, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible marketing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, manage and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously and on-time
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning for related activities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Superior PowerPoint skills.
- Experience using Salesforce and Marketing Cloud, strongly preferred.
- Recent work experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, consulting services, or other area of healthcare the industry is a plus.