Join theteam at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, andwork witha team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Section Chief Technologist assists supervisor as technical resource person for technicians, technologists and support staff. Assume the role of the most technically experienced staff technologist. Works under the supervision of the section Supervisor and assumes duties of the supervisor during their absences.This position is Full-TimeDay Shift 7:00am-3:00pm Including Rotating Weekends and HolidaysPreferred Criteria:
- Specialist inHematology SH (ASCP) strongly preferred.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist MT(ASCP) or Medical Laboratory Scientist MLS(ASCP)
- B.S. Medical Technology or equivalent from an accredited school.
- 6 years of experience in a clinical laboratory subsequent to qualifying as a medical technologist.
- NYS License as a Medical Technologist.
- Strong communication skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Basic computer literacy.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'America's Best Employers in New York State' - Forbes
- 2019 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 555276965Posted: 2020-07-14