The Maintenance Services Director is responsible for the overall operations of the Maintenance department to maintain the Community's high standards of cleanliness, safety and polished appearance in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' maintenance experience
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be knowledgeable of local building codes and ordinances, including OSHA safety regulations
Primary Job Responsibilities Administrative and Planning
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates maintenance services goals
- Compliant with budget in labor and expense control
- Recruits, hires, trains, counsels department staff
- Provides Safety training during new hire Orientation and ongoing
- Keeps accurate maintenance records of work performed and costs involved in TELs program
- Maintains accurate equipment inventory and upkeep (from boilers and lawnmowers to small socket wrenches)
Maintenance Services Duties
- Ensures staff is properly trained on all safety including: electrical, chemicals, equipment, supplies and in compliance with OSHA safety regulations
- Directs all maintenance programs for heating, cooling, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, grounds, carpentry, painting, sprinklers, fire alarms, plumbing, building exteriors, etc.
- Monitors community and grounds regularly to identify needed repairs or replacements: apartments, common areas, depart work areas, landscaping, signage, sidewalks, driveway, parking area, fences, curbs, retaining walls, etc.
- Completes minor repairs (i.e., icemakers, dyers, washers, dishwashers, small appliances)
- Prepares apartments for residency: wall repairs, painting, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, cabinetry, appliance repair, carpet/drapery damage or replacement, etc.
- Completes safety inspections: emergency lighting, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, fire drills, etc.
- Ensures effective pest control program is implemented
- Schedules preventive maintenance to refurbish or replace deteriorating items and avoid future costly repairs
- Inspects energy conservation efforts community wide (i.e., insulation of pipes, no excessive lights burning, thermostat settings, not leaving doors and windows open, water conservation.)
- Promptly notifies Executive Director of maintenance related repairs or other concerns
- Keeps outside traffic areas free of with debris, snow, ice and other traffic hazards
- Assists with resident move in and move out as necessary
- May oversee housekeeping department
- Must have a valid driver's license in current State with satisfactory driving record per Century Park standards
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing maintenance functions in an assisted living community
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the maintenance department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general maintenance responsibilities, supervisory responsibilities, resident rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Park's Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our "people come first" approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards happiness of heart and peace of mind.
Posting ID: 555277002Posted: 2020-05-27