Working out of doors in the front of store locations, outside sales clerks or "chili roasters" provide our customers with delicious roasted chilies, chickens and pork, as well as fresh and delicious salsas.Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Roasting fresh chili peppers, chickens and pork.
- Setting up our outdoor cooking facility, including grills and wash stations.
- Ensuring all outdoor cooking facilities meet proper food safety guidelines.
- Maintaining adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production of roasted chilies, chickens and pork.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Understanding proper product preparation, roasting and merchandising techniques and procedures,
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept outside sidewalk.
- Processing cash register or cash till transactions, giving back appropriate change.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Learn and use proper grilling techniques and food safety and sanitation polices.
- Work in the heat of the hot Arizona sun.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, grills and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 20 - 30 lbs.
- Work with fresh meat and chicken products, chilies, spices, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
Posting ID: 555277464Posted: 2020-05-27