The Senior Middleware Engineer should be able to design, build, automate, support, manage, and optimize new and existing applications and associated software.
Soft skills as well as technical skills are critical in the position of a Senior Middleware Engineer. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The Senior Middleware Engineer will work closely with other technology teams troubleshooting customer issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to think logically
• Ability to work with little supervision
• History of handling complex projects through to completion
• Strong technical/process documentation skills
• Strong team and communication skills
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
The Senior Middleware Engineer will be responsible for the design, build, automation, support, management, and optimization of Middleware applications, such as Web Server software (IIS, Apache) and Application Server software (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp), on Windows Servers. Websites/applications may be developed in house, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), or Government off-the-shelf (GOTS). Candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
Middleware Engineering Skills
• Proficient in implementing security, compliance and auditing of Middleware applications running on Windows Servers.
• Expert level understanding of Middleware applications and Windows Server in general.
• Secret Clearance or willing to wait to get clearance
• Security+ Certification/ or willing to get with 3 months of joining
• Strong customer facing skills and ability to drive troubleshooting with multiple vendors and internal teams.
• Experience creating technical and process documentation.
• Effective communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently handle and prioritize multiple projects.
• Proven analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
• Proficiency with Web Server software (IIS, Apache) and Application Server software (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Proficiency with Windows environments
• Experience with scripting/programming in language such as, but not limited to: Bash, Batch, PowerShell, .NET, Java, C++, etc.
• Familiarity with Datacenter operations / Worked in a datacenter environment
o Different application environments
o Web application deployments
• Familiarity with Development operations
o Working with developers, data base administrators
Middleware Engineering Role
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technical strategy, and advises the business where improvements are deemed necessary.
• Designs verification procedures to ensure reliability of newly installed or upgraded systems.
• Researches best practices for systems over which this position has been designated lead, and coordinates implementation.
• Manages internal projects of new implementations and software systems upgrades.
• Documents and provides training for new and existing solutions.
• Mentors team members to ensure skills transfer for systems under this position's oversight.
• Provides reporting for systems over which this position has been designated lead.
• Serves as final tier of internal support escalation for Middleware applications.
Education and Certifications:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Active Security Plus
• Windows Middleware Administration
Minimum Years Required 5
• Windows Server Administration
Minimum Years Required 5
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to develop and present technical presentations.
• Able to represent complex data in diagrams or through other techniques that communicate precise information to both business and technical staff.
Experience with the following technologies:
• Web Server software: IIS (preferred), Apache.
• Application Server software: IBM WebSphere (preferred), Oracle WebLogic, Citrix XenApp.
• Windows Server 2008r2.",
Posting ID: 555277541Posted: 2020-05-27