CHENEGA SECURITY INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Company Job Title: Network Engineer
Chenega Job Title: Administrator IV, Network
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
*THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARD Summary:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Network Engineer will assist in the design, development, installation and commissioning of security systems. Specific to the skill set will be network design, and configuration.
- Evaluates current network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and / or expand service levels.
- Provides highly skilled technical expertise in network planning, engineering, and architecture.
- Develops technical standards and interface applications, identifies and evaluates new products, and provides resolution for network problems.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including Local Area Network / Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) systems.
- Provides system configuration of Network, and / or communication systems, including LAN and WAN systems.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Communications or an Electrical Engineering degree.
- 8 years of technical experience specific to Network engineering or equivalent years in the US Military.
- Must possess Information Assurance Technician Level III certification and have OEM certifications for the type of equipment to be utilized (such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent.
- 10 Years of experience can be substituted for formal education
- Must be skilled in steps to trouble shoot Network issues.
- Must know steps to conduct IP address auditing
- Able to establish networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be proficient with Test Equipment (i.e., VOM/Milti-Meter, TDR, and OTDR)
- Must have skill level III Hand Tools (a complete list of required tools will be provided)
- CADD knowledge
- Safety/First Aid Training
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 555280635Posted: 2020-05-27