How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Manager of Ambulatory Pharmacy will lead the Ambulatory Pharmacy Department, in coordination with the Director of Ambulatory Pharmacy. The Manager is responsible for the day-today operations of the Ambulatory Pharmacy Department. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Ambulatory Pharmacy Manager at Hackensack Meridian Heath
- Responsible for scheduling Ambulatory Pharmacy team members and promoting employee engagement.
- Assures that departmental services are in accordance with standards established by the medical staff and state, local, federal and all regulatory agencies. Develops and monitors PI plans and Quality Initiatives for both the Business and Clinical Units
- Tracks and trends outcomes measures. Accountable for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment errors and/or failures. Identifies opportunities and leads efforts for improvement to achieve best-demonstrated practice
- Oversees the purchasing, control, and security of all Ambulatory Pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Establishes integral working relationships with physicians, nurses, and the medical community. Assesses and reconciles problems between the Ambulatory Pharmacy department and other hospital departments, medical staff and customers adequately and efficiently
- Ensures compliance and oversees all regulatory inspections; makes appropriate modifications as required with changes in regulations. Develops a plan of action to citations when necessary
- Has a clear vision of the future of the business unit and works actively with all internal and external customers to fulfill this vision. Effectively implements strategic plan and milestones. Effectively evaluates role of technology and recommends plans to technologically advance department. Identifies resources needs (people, equipment, facilities) to support implementation of plans
- Actively participates, supports, and may lead system initiatives that are focused on quality, medication safety, medication use and formulary related activities
- Responsible for the payroll function in the Ambulatory Pharmacy Department, including monitoring compliance to the salary budget
- Assists with meeting financial and budgetary goals; and with policy and procedure development, implementation, review and revision
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy required
- Pharm D or Master's Degree strongly preferred
- MUST be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum (3) years in a supervisory position
- Retail Pharmacy or Hospital Ambulatory Pharmacy Experience required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 555281267Posted: 2020-05-27