The Certified Nursing Assistant is part of the multi disciplinary team providing care to OHSU patients. The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct or general nursing care to patients from admission through discharge under the direction of a licensed Registered Nurse and within the scope of practice defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing. They assist the patients, patient's families and friends, nursing staff, and other OHSU personnel to assure the delivery of comprehensive quality care in a safe, confidential and comfortable environment.
Function/Duties of Position
The Certified Nursing Assistant is part of the health care team in locations throughout OHSU. The CNA provides direct or general nursing care to patients from admission through discharge under the direction of a licensed nurse and within the parameters of the state licensing board. The CNA assists the patient, patients' families, nursing staff and other support staff to assure the delivery of quality care in a safe and comfortable environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current unencumbered Oregon State CNA license with CNA 2 (Acute Care) Certification at time of hire
- Current BLS certification - must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Basic math skillsBasic medical terminology
- Ability to read, write and communicate appropriately and effectively
- Must be able to perform he essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- One year in acute or long term care; OR
- Two years in a patient contact position at OHSU.
- Previous hospital experience
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 555281318Posted: 2020-07-08