How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a member of the Jersey Shore University Medical Center team, you will be part of one of the premier hospitals in New Jersey. This teaching hospital is the only Level II Trauma and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Monmouth and Ocean counties. The medical center's programs and services have received national recognition, including designation as high-performing in cardiac, stroke, surgical and oncology services. Jersey Shore is also recognized as the first hospital in New Jersey to have implanted the Micra Transcatheter Pacing System - the world's smallest pacemaker, and is one of the elite facilities in the region to perform robotic-assisted minimally invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery and Transcarotid Arterial Revascularization.
Our team members in the OR are part of a collaborative and energetic team, working with surgeons who are on the forefront of their specialties. Some highlights include:
- Performing LVAD procedures as part of the Advanced Heart Failure program
- Attracting international patients for procedures performed through the Center for Treatment of Paralysis and Reconstructive Nerve Surgery to treat paralysis and nerve damage
- Performing advanced oncology procedures, such as hepatobiliary cancer surgery
- Nearing completion of a new state-of-the-art hybrid suite for cardiac and neurosurgery, which features a custom designed Biplane digital imaging system that integrates intravascular ultrasound, dynamic CT imaging, angiography and other imaging technologies.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient's assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- Minimum 1 year of acute care RN experience preferred
- National certification preferred
- Motivated team member responsible for scrubbing and circulating on variety of surgical cases in busy OR department.
- Must be self-starter who works well independently.
- Time management and prioritizing skills a must. Ability to multi task.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 555281442Posted: 2020-06-24