SAIC is seeking a GUI Software Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in NASA's Exploration and In-Space Services Projects Division (formerly Satellite Servicing Projects Division) at Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Exploration and In-Space Services Projects Division (NExIS) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. NExIS is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The GUI Software Engineer will maintain and continue development of graphical user interfaces and visualization tools for robot systems. As a GUI software engineer, the candidate will support the Restore-L mission by developing the control system used to command and control the robot payload.
Job Duties include:
- Design and implement next generation Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) to command and control robot systems that are located on the ground and on spaceflight vehicles.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug software.
- Work with other engineers and scientists to design, develop, integrate and test related systems and software components.
- Create and deliver technical presentations to support the design and development of robot systems, including requirement and design reviews.
- Research and prototype related technologies and robot software solutions.
- Provide support for production and flight systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Robotics with 9 years of related experience.
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation
- Excellent programming knowledge of, and experience with, object-oriented programming in C++.
- Hands on experience in developing GUIs using Qt, preferably for robot systems.
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle - gathering requirements, design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment to the end user.
- Experience with configuration management and bug tracking tools.
- Experience developing software solutions with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Self-driven with an ability to see a feature or design through the full software lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Basic understanding of kinematics, motion control, and motion planning.
- Working understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Open Robot Control Software (Orocos)
- Experience with NASA mission lifecycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements specification reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 555281625Posted: 2020-06-10