SAIC is seeking Senior System Engineer in San Diego!
Responsibilities expected to include:
- Mentor and lead C4ISR systems engineer
- Define mission systems/payload architecture and requirements for UAS.
Lead and support the selection and integration of subsystems (such as SAR/MTI, SIGINT, and EO/IR payloads) into UAS, including integration components such as mission computers, software, storage, and security devices, as well as ground control elements including PED systems & interfaces.
- With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude for initiating and developing designs, procedures, techniques and solution to resolving advanced technical engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of broad specifications, objectives, possible results anticipated and critical reference points requiring special attention.
- Guides the successful resolution of engineering problems, serves as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge, applies the latest technological advancements to the problem, and may function in a project leadership role.
- Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff, makes technical presentations, and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
Requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows:
- 9+ years of experience with a bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience with a master's degree
ORMay substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education
- Proficient decomposing high level mission needs into a system to be built
- Ability to document and communicate this solution, including architecture, requirements, trade studies, and like that show compliance to requirements
- Experience with systems integration and test
- Experience with DoD RDT&E, Experimentation, and Test Range
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Planning systems
- Knowledge and experience with Navy Tactical Data Links
- Experience with airborne payloads such as EO/IR and EW/SIGINT and their data products/uses and operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile, Model Based Systems Engineering, and digital processes
- Must have an ACTIVE SECRET Clearance. U.S. citizenship required.
- Proficient integrating airborne payloads into UAS, including aircraft, GCS, and network and data integration; from early requirements through test
- Experience selecting and integrating airborne payloads (EO/IR, SAR, EW/SIGINT), mission processors, and associated network and security devices
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire and ability to plan, propose, and execute new development and build partner collaborations
- Experience with DoD open architecture standards and approaches
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET Clearance a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 555281636Posted: 2020-07-14