SAIC is currently looking to hire a Journeyman Java Developer
to join our team in Kingstowne, VA. Responsibilities Include:
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Design and implement JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering IDEs to design, development, and testing the software
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering field and a minimum9 years of technical experience or equivalent blend of education & experience Required Skills:
Desired knowledge and experience includes:
- Experience in Java Backend development
- Java /JEE development experience
- Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
- Experience with SQL Database Technologies
- Knowledge of JSON and associated tools.
- Hands on experience with AWS and understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations.
- Using the Eclipse and Rational Application Developer (RAD) IDEs
- Experience with design, development and deployment of application with NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, etc)
- Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independent.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
Clearance: Must be able to obtainCBP BI Public Trust to start work.
Citizenship: Must be a US CitizenOverview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 555281650Posted: 2020-05-27