SAIC is a FORTUNE 500 scientific, engineering and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions
SAIC has a job opening for a Principle Wide Area Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity is in support of the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) Contract supporting NASA communications between NASA Centers in the United States and the NASA Programs in Russia.
The Principle WAN Engineer position calls for:
- A candidate with detailed knowledge of and experience with Cisco router/switch/Wi-Fi/telephony product lines.
- As a member of the team, the WAN Engineer will be responsible for engineering new requirements into existing production services, restoring defective services, and assisting end users with use of services.
- Periodic travel to Russia is required to implement new requirements, technology refresh and support NICS services during critical Launch, Docking, and Undocking periods.
- Successful candidate will have bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- 9 years of experience with Cisco router/switch/wifi products and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Preference is for candidate to have existing current Cisco CCNP certification or greater with extensive knowledge relating to Wide Area Networks (T-1, MPLS, VPN Tunnels), Local Area Networks (Switch Fabric, Ethernet, Copper, Fiber, 66/110 block distribution), Cisco Call Manager/ Unity, Advanced routing knowledge of IP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, SNMP, DHCP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, VLAN, VoIP, SIP, H.264, H323, PSTN/Dial Plans, Multicast. Proficiency working within Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Proficiency using Windows 10/Office Suite/Visio/Project/SharePoint, Solarwinds, PRTG, WireShark, Radius, SecureCRT or similar tools.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust. Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 555281655Posted: 2020-05-27