Job DescriptionJob Title:
Security OfficerJob ID:
UPMC St. MargaretDepartment:
Security and SafetyLocation:
815 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh PA 152153301 DescriptionPurpose:
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff and all UPMC owned and adjacent properties. Establish a uniformed security presence by patrolling UPMC hospitals, buildings, grounds and associated areas to deter criminal activity, document activities, and contact UPMC Police Officers or other appropriate law enforcement when necessary. Monitors security, fire, and environmental alarms. Responds to and resolves problems, disputes and unusual circumstances as necessary. Provides customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff to maintain a safe and secure environment. Document incidents on appropriate reports as required.Responsibilities:
- Staff fixed posts to monitor ingress and egress to secured areas
- Provides customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent theft
- Responds to and resolves problems, disputes and unusual circumstances as necessary.
- Maintain required certifications and licensing
- Assist with traffic control and vehicle assists
- Transport deceased to morgue/release bodies from morgue
- Monitor security, fire, and environmental alarms, respond to alarms and assist when needed.
- Establish a uniformed police presence by patrolling UPMC hospitals, buildings, grounds and associated areas to deter criminal activity, document activities, and contact UPMC Police Officers or other appropriate law enforcement when necessary.
- Operate UPMC vehicles in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code
- Conduct patient escorts and stand-by details
- Complete all mandatory training programs per departmental guidelines
- Report and document incidents, suspicious activities and hazards
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Driver's LicenseUPMC Physical Fitness StandardAct 235 required within 180 daysAct 34 criminal clearanceUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- High School diploma or equivalent Associates degree in Criminal Justice and/or one-year experience in safety, security, law enforcement, or related field preferred.
- High level of integrity required for handling sensitive/confidential UPMC information.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to effectively interact, communicate, and diffuse potential combative situations with persons from all walks of life.
- Psychological fitness required to deal with stress and potentially dangerous conflict situations.
- Physical fitness requirements to deal with typical physical demands that require full body motion and physical strength and stamina sufficient to respond to crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Be able to effectively communicate both orally and in written format.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to deal with stress and potentially dangerous conflict situations.
- All applicants will be subject to a thorough background and criminal record check
- Must be available for all shifts
- Officers are required to wear a bullet proof vest.
- Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement should consult the applicable collective bargaining for specific requirements.
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555282235Posted: 2020-06-17